The Way of Belle Coeur:
Sacred Practices, Prayers,
A Spiritual Formation Program
Inspired by the book,
Ink and Honey
Facilitated by Ink and Honey author
and spiritual director,
Belle Coeur wisdom teachers
Sister Pamela Jean Sampel and Sister Mary Ann Matthys
October 20-24, 2014
Please spend reflective time to carefully read the following detailed description of the retreat before prayerfully discerning if you are called to apply for participation. The nature of this retreat will be deeply spiritual (drawing from the ancient Christian mystical tradition, the Divine Feminine, and the Natural World). Our time together will be prayerful, reflective, and also creatively inspiring and celebratory. We will gather in a spirit of sisterhood, inspired by the archetypal women in the story of the sisters of Belle Coeur (Ink and Honey).
- long to be part of a spiritual and creative sisterhood, rooted in an ancient Christian and mystical tradition, as depicted by the sisters of Belle Coeur in the pages of Ink and Honey.
- desire ongoing connection and continued growth (spiritually and creatively) through the sisterly sharing of resources, wisdom, and story.
- welcome ways to share your passion for God, Creation, and the sacred life-arts with a sisterhood of kindred spirits.
- yearn to explore new forms of prayer and spiritual/creative practices while celebrating Christ’s teachings, the Divine Feminine, and the beauty of Nature.
- hope for the discovery of enrichment through the sacred life-arts; craft, journaling, cuisine, gardening, and other forms of creative expression.
- look forward to learning, sharing, exploring, growing, creating, and witnessing what is possible when women gather and open their hearts, minds, and stories with one another in a spirit of acceptance and co-creation, in shared love of God, and the mysteries of Creation.
- To explore the ancient prayers, practices, Christian spirituality, mysticism, and sacred life-arts detailed in the book, Ink and Honey, to fully appreciate the potential wisdom offered for the feminine journey today.
- To provide the opportunity for the sharing of personal story and wisdom through the experience of an intentional women’s circle community.
- To co-create and initiate the formation of a contemporary sisterhood of Belle Coeur. Beauty, sacredness, celebration, and prayerful reverence of the Divine Presence and one another will set the tone for our time together.
- To be on retreat. To be part of a community of women to share, pray, make art, celebrate ritual, and rest. We will renew our creative hearts and spirits as each of us celebrates and practices self-care.
- To establish a form to remain connected in an ongoing spirit of sisterhood following the retreat, via online connection, shared prayer and spiritual practices, and other forms of virtual, and real communication and companionship.
- 4 night’s accommodation in a private room with private full bath
- All meals beginning with dinner the day of arrival and ending with lunch the day of departure
- Snacks, tea, coffee throughout each day
- Pilgrim’s packet (to arrive by snail mail in early September in preparation for our time together)
- Daily handouts
- Daily inspirational “take-aways”
- Supplementary art materials
- 8 facilitated group circle teaching sessions
- Optional 30 minute, private spiritual direction session with Dana
- Closing sacred celebration and blessing ceremony
- Ongoing private Facebook page for our group to maintain virtual group connection following the retreat
Application for this retreat is requested to assure that each participant’s spiritual and creative needs will be met by this program. If you feel called to apply please e-mail me to receive an application. Applications will be reviewed and participation selected in order of application submissions. Register early.
You will receive response to your application within two days of submission.
Participants will be asked to read Ink and Honey prior to the retreat for orientation, to ensure familiarity with the story which will serve as the foundation piece for our time together.
A Pilgrim’s Packet will arrive for all participants by snail mail in late August, to assist with preparation for our time together.
Balance of $1,050 is due by August 1, 2014.
The following payment buttons are created for your convenience. You may make your payments using any of the various increments, according to your own schedule and desired amount, or you may pay the balance in one payment in full. Thank you.
Arrival and Departure
Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have while you discern your call to participation for The Way of Belle Coeur.